Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center supports religiously observant patients with services as follows:
On-campus synagogue: Kidushay Kraśnik (the Martyrs of Kraśnik and Its Environs)
Sourasky Building, Floor 1, Wing E
Sabbath at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
- Sabbath candles are distributed on the units and lit at the nurse stations.
- Chabad volunteers also distribute candles in the units.
- Elevators are set for automatic timed Sabbath operation.
- Electric beds in the Arison Medical Tower can be adjusted manually.
- Hot water urns are available on all units.
- Entrance doors operate manually (not electronically).
- Doors to the units can be opened manually and are also set for automatic timed Sabbath operation.
NGOs and charity organizations
- Here are several support organizations, should they be needed:
- Prepared meals (kosher and Glatt) for the Sabbath from Mif'al HaChesed, headed by Rabbi Heinrich.
Order prior to the Sabbath: +972-3-579-0837
- Free kosher meals daily for a patient's accompanying family member from Ezer Mitzion.
To reserve, please call during the morning hours: + 972-3-525-7010.
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center kitchens separate meat and dairy, and operate in strict accordance with the laws of kashrut.