Vascular surgery expertise
The department employs a wide spectrum of treatment modalities, including open arterial surgical repair, an extensive array of endovascular and minimally invasive therapies, and venous therapies.
Department surgeons have extensive experience in endovascular treatment of abdominal and thoracic aneurysms (using stent grafts), lower extremity revascularization, and carotid endarterectomy or carotid stenting.
The Department of Vascular Surgery is a recognized training center for endovascular aneurysm repair, participating in a multi-national endovascular aneurysm registry, and conducting clinical research.
Diagnostic and treatment procedures performed
- Endovascular repair of abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms (AAA, TAA)
- Open surgical repair of aortic aneurysms
- Carotid stenting and carotid endarterectomy
- Peripheral diagnostic and therapeutic angiography
- Various endovascular revascularization procedures, including recanalization, balloon angioplasty, stenting, and other procedures
- Various open surgical and combined bypass procedures
- Embolization procedures