Proven IVF success
Each year, about 200 babies are born to parents undergoing IVF at Lis. All in all, thousands of families have delivered healthy babies with the help of Lis IVF services.
The IVF process includes 5 main steps:
- Inducing superovulation and monitoring it with blood tests and ultrasounds
- Harvesting oocytes from the patient’s ovaries
- Receiving sperm from the partner or a donor
- Incubating the egg with the sperm in optimal laboratory conditions for egg fertilization and embryo development
- Re-introducing the embryo into the woman’s uterus when the embryo has 4-8 cells - typically after 2-5 days of fertilization - for development until birth
In addition to providing a full range of IVF services, Lis Maternity Hospital specializes in a number of key services, including assisted ovum fertilization techniques (such as ICSI); cryopreservation of embryos, cells, and tissue; as well as banking sperm for future use. Lis's IVF laboratories also perform PGD (pre-implantation genetic diagnosis): earliest-stage genetic testing on a single cell microsurgically removed from an 8-cell embryo, to avoid re-introduction of embryos carrying pre-existing genetic mutations.