The Laboratory for herbal medicine and cancer research will initially focus on:
- Isolation and characterization of novel anti-cancer compounds from medicinal plants of Israel.
- Targeting NF-kappaB by medicinal herbs for chemoprevention and cancer treatment.
- Translational research - to investigate the anti-cancer effects of medicinal herbs in the laboratory and the application of the results in the clinic.
In previous studies, we discovered that the addition of curcumin to chemotherapy used in treatment of pancreatic and colorectal cancers augments chemotherpy anti-cancer effects and may enable to reduce its side-effects. The results of our studies were published in leading international scientific journals [lev-ari et al. clinical cancer research].
- Dr. Shahar Lev-Ari, PhD - An expert with international reputation in combining medicinal herbs and anti-cancer drugs. Former CEO of Biotech Company affiliated with The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Ilan Ron, MD - Clinical professor in medical oncology and radiotherapy
- Dr. Gideon Earon, MD, ND - medical doctor and expert in naturopathy, consultant in complementary and herbal medicine.