The Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center's Executive Health Program provides comprehensive medical assessment and preventive strategies tailored to meet the demands of busy individuals.
Examinations, testing and summation are all coordinated by a senior internal medicine specialist and are usually performed on a single day. If further examination and treatments are needed, Executive Health Program staff, in coordination with the Medical Tourism department, schedules all the necessary tests and appointments with relevant departments and physicians within the Medical Center.
The Executive Health Program exams
- A complete physical examination performed by an internal medicine specialist.
- Comprehensive laboratory tests, including: Metabolic profile, Blood chemistry, Complete blood count, Urine tests, Occult fecal blood test to detect colon cancer and pre-cancerous polyps.
- PSA blood test-recommended for all men over 40 for early detection of prostate cancer.
- Ophthalmologist examination of the retina, the outer chamber of the eye, visual acuity and eye pressure.
- Stress test performed by a senior cardiologist.
- Spirometry to measure respiratory system function.
- Hearing test performed by an expert audiologist.
- Chest X-ray, interpreted by an senior radiologist.
- Nutritional consultation and instruction by a dietician for maintaining appropriate body fat density ratio and weight.
- High sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) blood test, to help predict a person's risk of cardiovascular disease. The Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center is the first Medical Center in Israel to offer this test as an integral part of its Executive Health Program. Studies show that people with high hs-CRP values have 1.5 to 4 times the risk of having a heart attack than those with low hs-CRP values. Furthermore, new studies suggest that high hs-CRP levels in the blood may be associated with higher incidence of several types of cancer.
The hs-CRP test is simple to perform and requires no special preparation or fasting and the hs-CRP results are interpreted by a specialist physician, who takes into consideration multiple factors such as the influence of several types of non-prescription and prescription medicine (including birth control pills), pregnancy, ethnic origin, occupation, the person's medical history and more. People with high hs-CRP values receive treatment and guidance by the Center's physicians in order to lower their risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
Women Executive examinations
In addition to all aforementioned medical services and tests, the Executive Health Program includes the following examinations for women:
- Gynecological examination, including PAP, performed by a senior gynecologist.
- Breast examination performed by a surgeon.
- Mammography and breast ultrasound.