The Medical Records Department provides patients and their families with copies of: complete inpatient records, clinic records, EEG charts, emergency room charts, treatment summaries, surgery reports, catheterization reports, imaging reports, birth records, etc.
New!!! Online application for Medical Records
Priority will be given to online application (not for use by lawyers)
Below is information on information needed to obtain records.
- If the patient is requesting records in person: Israeli ID card and fees (according to Ministry of Health rate standards) which can be paid using a credit card, cash, or a check (payable to the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center Research Foundation).
- Patients can receive a disease summary report for free with a request letter from the treating physician.
- For all requests made by third parties or phone requests, the requester must supply an original waiver of medical confidentiality signed by the patient.
- For family members submitting the request: The family member should bring his or her own ID card, the patient's identity card, a power of attorney letter, and the requisite fee.
- Parents seeking information for their children who are over age 18 must have a power of attorney letter.
- People requesting a death certificate of an immediate family member must bring a legal next-of-kin document, court order, rabbinical court order, or an attorney's affidavit that they are next of kin.
- A person requesting a baby's time of birth must supply the woman's full name, birthdate, ID number, father's/partner's name, gender of the baby, and the proper fee.
Requests for medical records by non-governmental foreign organizations or individuals
Foreign non-governmental entities or individuals (lawyers, insurance companies, private investigators, etc.) requesting records will need to remit payment according to the standard fee table defined by the Ministry of Health. Requests for each record type (ER, hospital, or clinic) will be charged separately.
Medical record and/or imaging requests can be sent as follows:
Mail: Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
6 Weizmann St.
Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Attention: Medical Records Department
Requests must be accompanied by the original medical confidentiality waiver signed by the patient. Lawyers are asked to send the application both by mail and fax to: +972-3-6974364 Lawyers should submit the original signed medical confidentiality waiver by mail.
For details, please call: +972-3-697-3224.