Orthopedics provides targeted expertise in the following areas:
- The joint replacement unit performs initial or revision joint replacements, primarily knee and hip replacements.
- The trauma unit treats traumatic injuries - such as car accidents, work injuries, and home accidents - and cares for seniors with common osteoporotic fractures, such as in femoral neck fractures.
- Sports medicine treats a complement of sports-related injuries - mostly knee, muscle, and tendon injuries, for professional athletes, sports enthusiasts, and novices.
- The shoulder unit treats injuries such as torn tendons, dislocated shoulders, and fractures, and performs shoulder joint replacement surgeries.
- The foot and ankle unit treats a range of problems, such as acquired deformities, fractures, and diabetes complications.
- The hand and forearm unit treats a variety of conditions: fractures, torn ligaments and nerves, congenital malformations, and joint problems, including elbow replacements.
- The spine unit treats back problems, from the neck to the tailbone: broken bones, degenerative illnesses, infections, and tumors.
- In the unit for minimally invasive orthopedics, degenerative conditions and hip injuries are treated.
Advanced patient-focused medicine
The division performs over 4000 operations, treats about 40,000 emergency room patients, and conducts approximately 25,000 outpatient clinic visits annually.
Orthopedics relies on the latest technologies, methods, and equipment to provide outstanding patient care.
The Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center Emergency Department is supported by orthopedists around the clock for traumatic injury diagnosis, treatment, and consultation. As part of the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center’s level 1 trauma center team, the division specializes in treating terrorism casualties.The orthopedics clinic provides professional consultations prior to treatment and post care on a national level.
Diagnostic and treatment procedures performed
- Knee arthroscopy
- Shoulder arthroplasty and repair
- Cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Knee replacement or arthroplasty
- Hip replacement or arthroplasty
- Shoulder replacement or arthroplasty
- Spinal disk herniation (slipped disk surgery)
- Carpal tunnel release surgery
- Kyphoplasty – repair of osteoporotic vertebral fractures
- Hip joint arthroscopy
Orthopedic services and specialties
- Invasive and minimally invasive surgery
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Orthopedic trauma
- Hand and forearm surgery
- Shoulder surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Joint surgery
- Spine surgery
- Sports medicine