Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center - Ichilov
* is the largest acute care facility in Israel, treating about 400,000 patients and hosting 1.8 million patient visits per year. A 1500-bed world-class governmental academic medical center, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center serves a population of one million people, including residents from the greater Tel Aviv area and visitors to the metropolis.
Vision for patient-centered care, research and education
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center is committed to providing medical excellence and compassionate care, delivered by the most skilled physicians and medical teams, treating each patient equally, and integrating excellence in clinical care with academia and research for the benefit of Israeli residents and the population worldwide.
Annual patient care activity
Each year, patients from Tel Aviv and all over Israel entrust their health to the Medical Center's dedicated team of medical professionals.
- 400,000 patients
- 36,000 surgeries
- 1.8 million patient visits
- 220,000 ER visits
- 12,000 births
About the facility
Spanning a campus of over 2.7 million square feet (250,000 square meters), the Medical Center features:
- Ichilov General Hospital
- Ted Arison Medical Tower
- Dana-Dwek Children's Hospital
- Sammy Ofer Heart & Brain Building
- Adams Health Science & Rehabilitation Building (in the planning stage)
- Lis Maternity and Women's Hospital
At the forefront – nationally and internationally
Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center has a well-deserved reputation as a national referral center across a range of medical and surgical disciplines. Over 350 Medical Center physicians have faculty appointments at Tel Aviv University, the Medical Center's teaching affiliate.
Medical and scientific talent and progressive research techniques have earned the Medical Center many prestigious international research grants as well as accolades for research discoveries and treatment solutions.
* For the avoidance of any doubt, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center is not related to Top Ichilov in any way.