The Nephrology Service also provides medical consulting to all pediatric departments and clinics and to obstetrics services in cases where a prenatal ultrasound detects a congenital urinary malformation. Long-term renal and urinary system health is monitored for children born preterm.
A broad range of conditions treated
The service treats and provides expert consulting for:
- Congenital malformations in the urinary tract structure
- Urinary tract infections
- Hypertension/high blood pressure
- Bladder and urinary tract stones
- Glomerulonephritis: acute inflammation of the kidney
- Nephrotic Syndrome: various types of kidney diseases
- Secondary kidney disease comorbid to chronic conditions
- Follow-up for pediatric oncology patients who are recovering and/or patients recovering from cancer treatment involving kidney removal
- Chronic renal failure
- Acute renal failure
Pediatric Nephrology Follow-Up Clinic
This service evaluates and monitors the maturation of preterm infants, children, and adolescents who were born before the 37th week of pregnancy.