The Cardiology Department at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov), features an excellent team of highly skilled, world-class cardiologists and state-of-the-art equipment. The professionalism of our team, expertise of our specialists, and the use of cutting-edge technologies enable to us to provide comprehensive cardiovascular care and offer the most advanced and accurate diagnosis and timely treatment to patients with cardiovascular disorders.
Our treatments include preventive treatments and treatment of existing conditions, including such as angina, myocardial infarction, cardiac arrhythmia, heart valve diseases, chronic cardiac failure, and many other conditions.
Preventive cardiology services, provided by the specialists at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, are designated primarily for patients at high risk of cardiovascular problems caused by increased blood pressure, hyperlipidemia (increased level of lipids and cholesterol), and diabetes. Our highly skilled professionals will make every effort to protect your heart and keep it healthy for many years to come.
The specialists at our cardiology center perform a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic interventions, including:
- Cardiological Interventions: basic cardiac diagnostic procedures such as catheterization (Cardiologists perform stenting procedures for treatment of coronary artery stenosis. The state-of-the-art stents are coated with special substances, preventing further narrowing of the arteries.), inserting of balloons, implants (automated implantable defibrillators for prevention of cardiac arrest), etc.
- Electrophysiological procedures for diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of abnormal heart rhythm, including implantation of cardiac pacemakers (pulse generators) and radiofrequency ablation for arrhythmia and irregular heartbeat.
- Non invasive diagnostic laboratory procedures: echocardiography, stress tests, Holter, radionuclide, angiography (Patients who have suffered a myocardial infarction or angina undergo a coronary angiography procedure – radiographic contrast study of blood flow.), etc.
- Rehabilitation treatment after a surgical procedure or coronary event
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI): this revolutionary innovation enables the performance of minimally invasive treatment in high-risk patients, previously considered incurable.
During recent years, leading medical centers have been successfully implementing an innovative method of aortic valve replacement without traditional open-heart surgery. This unique method is offered to patients with contraindications to regular open-heart surgery, or with severe concurrent conditions. Minimally invasive surgeries are often indicated for elderly patients with severe aortic valve stenosis.
Invasive Cardiology and Vascular Surgery
The following invasive procedures are available at the Department of Cardiology at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center:
- Aortic valve replacement
- Catheterization and stenting of coronary arteries
- Stenting of carotid arteries – implantation of different unique stent models using a balloon catheter
- Implantation of permanent cardiac pacemakers and defibrillators.
At Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center (Ichilov), you will be in safe hands.
You’ll find exceptional quality of medical care, excellent treatment outcomes, and improved quality of life delivered by world-class specialists; ensuring that you'll receive the most advanced treatments known to medicine
The cost of medical treatment at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center is substantially lower than similar treatment in the US, Canada, Germany and other countries; however, the care provided is of the highest standard and the facilities are world class.