The Hematology laboratories at Tel Aviv Medical Center include:
- Routine lab - Providing on-line blood count and coagulation results for patients visiting the clinics and ambulatory care facility
- Flow cytometry lab - For immuno-phenotyping of blood and marrow samples for leukemia patients—for initial diagnoses and leukemia characterization as well as for evaluating responses to therapy
- Coagulation lab - Providing fast test results for patients on anti-coagulant therapy, as well as molecular diagnoses of inborn or acquired bleeding tendencies, and disorders leading to hyper-coagulability
- Stem cell processing lab - For processing stem cells or lymphocytes for immediate infusion or for cryopreservation for future transplant. The lab features a clean-room facility for stem cell processing and provides high quality methods for isolation and purification of stem cells.
- Molecular Biology lab - Performing quantitative PCR (polymerase chain reaction) analyses for assessing engraftment and detecting residual disease or relapse after allogeneic BMT. The lab also performs quantitative and qualitative PCR analyses for diagnosing chromosomal translocations and mutations in certain types of leukemia, such as CML, and evaluating response to therapy.