The Blood and Marrow Transplantation Unit provide state of the art medical treatment:
- Autologous peripheral blood stem-cell transplantation
- Allogeneic transplants from a matched family member, or unrelated or mismatched donors
- National and international donor search
- New transplantation approaches utilizing reduced-intensity regimens and "mini" transplants
- Cellular immunotherapies employing donor immune cells for relapsed or residual disease
To provide multi-disciplinary consultation services, the BMT program operates in close collaboration with various hospital departments, such as Infectious Diseases, Pulmonology, Cardiology, Nephrology, Ophthalmology, and others.
Department laboratories, radiation therapy, and transfusion medicine services provide comprehensive support for these treatments.
Quality staffThe medical and nursing staff are specially trained for, and experienced in
Bone Marrow Transplantation care.
International patient support
Due to the Division of Hematology’s outstanding reputation and successful outcomes, patients from a range of countries receive bone marrow transplantations at Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center. Clinical and support staff have excellent multi-lingual communication skills to support patients from foreign countries.
Bone Marrow Transplantation facility
The unit features:
- Pre-and post-transplant clinic and ambulatory care
- Inpatient unit
- Apheresis stem cell collection service
- Cell processing and molecular diagnostic laboratory.
- Cryogenic facility