- The clinic offers clinical evaluations, diagnostic testing, symptom managements and advanced treatments, genetic consultation as well as support and connection to community services.
- The multidisciplinary team consists of a pediatric neurologist, physiotherapist, dietitian, speech therapist with expert in swallowing disorders and a social worker. Pediatric geneticist, pediatric orthopedics and other pediatric specialists consult as needed.
- The team aims to provide best clinical care and to promote research in the field of leukodystrophies in order to improve patient's health, well-being and participation in daily life activities.
Children with various white matter diseases are followed in the clinic.
- PMD- pelizaeus merzbacher disease
- PMD-LIKE- pelizaeus merzbacher like disease
- TUBB4A related leukodystrophy (H-ABC etc.)
- Hikeshi syndrome
- POLR Related Leukodystrophy
- Aicardi- Goutie'res syndrome (AGS)
- X linked adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD)
- Metachromatic Leukodystrophy (MLD)
- Canavan Disease
- Alexander Disease
- Mucolipidosis type 4 (ML4)
- Megalencephalic leukoencephalopathy with subcortical cysts 1 (MLC1)
- Mitochondrial leukoencephalopathies